General discussion

Installiing Access 97 with Office 2000

By blkjoe_1999 ·
I have made several attempts at installing Access 97 onto a machine with Office 2000 installed. Each time I complete the install the Access program gives an error which states "Can't find the database you specified, or you didn't specify a databaseat all". All I want to do is open the Access 97 program. I believe I am installing it the wrong way, can anyone give me a tip on how to make Access "Play Nice" with Office 2000.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

12 total posts (Page 1 of 2)   01 | 02   Next
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by mbarker734 In reply to Installiing Access 97 wit ...

Try installing you Access 97 in its own folder. Not Part Of Your Office 2000 Folder.

I run all three versions this way.

Good luck,

Mark

Collapse -

After you do this Office 2000 will still attempt to open all of your access dbs if you double click the file name. In order to open a Access 97 db in Access 97 you must open it from within Access 97.

Good luck again,

Mark

Collapse -

by blkjoe_1999 In reply to Installiing Access 97 wit ...

I tried installing the Access program. Even the whole office 97 into a seperate folder under C:windows and for some reason the Access97 icon still points and activates the Access2000 Program.

Collapse -

by SyscoKid In reply to Installiing Access 97 wit ...

Here's a link to the Microsoft KnowledgeBase article that has the fix:

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q235/2/80.ASP

Hope this helps!

Collapse -

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

by SyscoKid In reply to Installiing Access 97 wit ...

Did you reject my answer because you got a 404 page not found error? If so, the reason is that I see there's a space after the last slash that shouldn't be there. Delete the slash, and the link is good. Otherwise, what's the problem?

Collapse -

I initially rejected your answer because the address was wrong. I now understand why. I tried the fix on that page, and I must be missing something, because each time I reinstalled Office97 the Access97 program took on the icon of Accesss2000 and would only point to the 2000 version. I will continue to plug away. I appreciate your help.

Collapse -

Had you commented on my original answer instead of rejecting it I could have broken it down into simple terms for you.

I'm sorry for thinking that you had any knowledge of your operating system.

Not all answers here are given in explicite terms. I guess in your case I should have started with turn the computer on and worked my way through the procedure action by action.

Since you will not understand this answer either go ahead and reject it as well.

Your points offered were actually too meger to place a answer up for your question but I figured the acceptance would be good.

Now I resign myself to having two rejections for a correct answer and you must resign yourself to putting your machine in the box it came in andsending it back to the manufacture. It is obvious it is broken and will not work, atleast not for you.

Mark

Collapse -

Your Ma Ma

Collapse -

by aavakian In reply to Installiing Access 97 wit ...

Try and install access 97 on a different partition if you have one. If not try this link if you have not already. http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q241/1/41.asp

Back to Software Forum
12 total posts (Page 1 of 2)   01 | 02   Next