General discussion

Installing & configuring exchange 2003

By mdw ·
HELP! - I have installed ms-server 2003 w/exchange 2003, set up active directory, and set up the server as a DC. When i go to exchange system manager, the domain is not listed, instead I have the following at the head of the tree - {335A1087-5131-4D45-BE3E-3C6C7F776F5EC}{Exchange}.
Also in services, there is no listing for ms-exchange services, and if I right-click on the above heading and pick properties, the 'display adminstrative group' box is greyed out. I thus cannot administer the exchange configuration and move forward

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by curlergirl In reply to Installing & configuring ...

Exchange is not properly installed. A complete installation of Exchange 2003 automatically creates an Exchange organization and administrative group, and you obviously don't have them. In order to successfully install Exchange 2003, you have to have a domain controller already configured with AD and DNS up and running. If you did the steps in the order you listed (Windows 2003 server, Exchange 2003 and then configured AD), the Exchange installation would have failed. Also, you have to run forestprep and domainprep from the Exchange CD before you can successfully install Exchange as well.

Hope this helps!

Collapse -

Install incomplete

by tpham In reply to

When you're running setup make sure that you selected the "Exchange messaging and colaboration...." You are good to go.

Back to Software Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)