Question

Instant Search in Outlook 2007 not working

By J.Runn ·
For some reason, my instant search in Outlook isn't working anymore. When I am in any one of my folders, and I search for an item that is clearly inside, it comes up with no results. I have tried this a numerous of times with the same result; nothing.

Windows XP SP3
Office 2007

Both windows and office is fully updated.

Any ideas?

Thanks for the help in these forums!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Instant Search

by BFilmFan In reply to Instant Search in Outlook ...

Have you verified that Instant Search hasn't been disabled? http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA102378331033.aspx

Note that Exchange engineers hate it when you search their message stores, cause you drive IOPS and RPC requests through the roof!

Collapse -

Enabled

by J.Runn In reply to Instant Search

My instant search is enabled. I try searching for an email just to test if its working with an email I can see in that folder. Nothing appears when I start typing or hit enter after I typed the verbage.

Collapse -

Indexed

by J.Runn In reply to Enabled

I have fully re indexed my files and the instant search still isn't working. Any ideas people?

Thanks! :)

Collapse -

Recreate Outlook profile

by kazander In reply to Indexed

Not sure if this is relevant to the original poster anymore, but in case anyone is looking for an answer to this quesiton in the future via a search, the answer for me was to delete my Outlook profile and recreate it. I was having the same problem on OL2007 on XP/SP3, and tried *many* things to solve it. Simply recreating the profile was what fixed it in the end.

Collapse -

same issue

by Mike IT In reply to Recreate Outlook profile

I am having the same issue with instant search. I recreated a new profile and its doing the same thing. I type something into the search box and it says that no matches are found even though I know that the word is there.