General discussion

IP Masq & H.323

By Kevin Anderson ·
I am a bit of a newbie to Linux, and I'm trying to get h.323 up and running. I can't, however, get the source code compiled.

I'm running RH7 (I already said I was new), which I've heard has some issues surrounding the compiler. Anyways, I doubtthat the version of Linux will matter too much as long as it's 2.2.x. What I'm after is someone to DL the source, and compile it for me, and send me the binary. Pretty simple.

If I'm missing something obvious, then definately have a good chuckle at my expense, and let me know why it won't work. Otherwise, www.openh323.org has the source.

Just Email it to me at

kevinanderson@myrealbox.com

and you'll score the points.

Thanks.
Kev.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

IP Masq & H.323

by McKayTech In reply to IP Masq & H.323

On the openh323 Web site, they have a Linux binary already available - have you tried it?

If so, please write to me off the forum and let me know whether you'll need QuickNet support and what your video driver is and I'll be glad to send you a compiled binary.

paul

Collapse -

IP Masq & H.323

by Kevin Anderson In reply to IP Masq & H.323

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

IP Masq & H.323

by Bryan Guffey In reply to IP Masq & H.323

Well.... I'm in the same boat. I'm not after the points here, just additional help. I've got RH7 as well. Figgured out that masquarading is already compiled in the kernel stock (no need to worry about that).

I followed the HOWTO on the IPCHAINS setup, and got this far...

My other Win98 systems can resolve the IP addresses of whatever I ping on the internet through the linux box. BUT.... It never gets a response. Like so:

C:\My Documents>ping www.northernlight.com

Pinging www.northernlight.com [216.34.102.230] with 32 bytes of data:

Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Driving me up a damn wall it is... Anybody got pointers?

Collapse -

IP Masq & H.323

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

IP Masq & H.323

This question was closed by the author

Back to Linux Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)