Question

Is it possible to start a Dell Latitude D610 without using power button?

By alma.mccarthy ·
Is it possible to start a Dell Latitude D610 without using power button as my power button seems to be faulty - it sometimes takes up to 15 minutes of pressing the power button and changing the position of the laptop before it starts - are there shortcut keys or anything that can start the laptop without using the power button if it is on standby?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

None to my knowledge...

by cmiller5400 In reply to Is it possible to start a ...

Unless you use wake-on-lan...

Collapse -

Use Port Replicator or Docking station

by pdxnerdy In reply to None to my knowledge...

I have the same problem now. Computer does not turn on using the Power button but turns on using the docking station.

See this post for possible fix:
http://www.techimo.com/forum/technical-support/219416-dell-latitude-d610-power-problem.html

Collapse -

Ooohhh...

by cmiller5400 In reply to Use Port Replicator or Do ...

I totally missed that. Great suggestion.

Collapse -

Problem fixed

by pdxnerdy In reply to Ooohhh...

I folowed the instructions posted from http://www.techimo.com/forum/technical-support/219416-dell-latitude-d610-power-problem.html

But instead of adding washers, i basically just loosened the middle screw that is attached to the mother board, then the computer turns on flawlessly.

Of course, make sure the screw does not move once you loosen it. Maybe about 5mm from the switch board.

Collapse -

Root cause of problem

by pgoh In reply to Problem fixed

I have the same problem with my D610, found out that over the year being using it, the connector to the motherboard connecting to the power switch, the soldering has broken off. Fix by re-soldering the legs

Back to Laptops Forum
6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)