General discussion


Is this a bug in WORD

By Cumbria ·
WORD in Office 2000 is in use for sometime now. Very recently, whilst typing a document, a string automatically appeared in the point where I was in the document. The string read the following:

Subsequent investigation revealed that whenever the word 'detail' is typed, it automatically replaced with the above string. So, now I am unable to use the word 'detail'.

Is this a bug? how do I remove this? Any help on this is much appreciated.


This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Is this a bug in WORD

by DKlippert In reply to Is this a bug in WORD

Probably a trick played by a dear friend.
Go to Tools>AutoCorrect.
Type the word detail in the Replace box and see if the phrase appears. If so, click the delete button to get rid of it.

Run your anti-virus program to be sure. Also if you want to really clean things up, delete all files that start with a tilde (~). Rename/delete

Related Discussions

Related Forums