General discussion

It's 1938 all over again

By ProtiusX ·
Here is an article penned by Michael Novak

http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=N2E4ZWUzYzllZjU3ZTZhY2YxNGE4NGVlMWZjMjk2MDc=

In the article he describes what it was like to live through WWII as a child and likens this experience to the current situation in the world. He notes that we are indeed on the brink of WWIII and this world war will be more insidious as it will not be waged with armies, navies and air forces but with the individual terrorist who is willing to give his or her own life if only to kill as many of us as possible. This war is one that must not be lost and we can not delude ourselves to think that if we leave the islamo-fascists alone then they will live and let live. They will strike us where they can and they will not stop until we are all dead or converted to their flavor of Islam.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

162 total posts (Page 1 of 17)   01 | 02 | 03 | 04 | 05   Next
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Of course.

by Jeffykins In reply to It's 1938 all over again

I can't figure out what people are thinking if they don't find what you said more or less obvious.

Maybe it's more a matter of WHETHER they're thinking.

The only nit to pick is the choice of the derogatory "fascist," though it's pretty nearly exactly correct, it's still liable to cause people to reflexively leap to their defense as they would for almost anyone else being called a nasty name.

Yes, I know, "W" used it first. But he was probably expecting it to bait some Democrats into embarrassing themselves with the reflexive reaction, so it's an understandable political move for him. Hopefully, you're not doing that here.

Collapse -

Islamo-fascist

by ProtiusX In reply to Of course.

The first time I heard it used was by Mike Savage on the radio. It accurately describes the people who are attempting to gain power by waiving the banner of Islam.

Collapse -

That's one of the filthiest

by Tony Hopkinson In reply to It's 1938 all over again

most disgusting self serving manipulative pieces of crap I've ever had the misfortune to be on the recieving end of.

I'm too angry to post now.

Collapse -

Why?

by maxwell edison In reply to That's one of the filthie ...

Break it down, sentence by sentence, and tell us what you object to.

Collapse -

That would take days

by Tony Hopkinson In reply to Why?

There are lies in between each syllable.

How can any one advocating religious genocide call themselves a christian.

Why would it be religious genocide, answer this question how do you identify the enemy?

How could your thinking on such an issue be so solidified that you accept senile ramblings as proof.

How am I meant to accept that a five year old boy remembers 1938 so clearly and none of the following 69 years have coloured that memory.

Who is going to fight this war, who is advocating that we should.

Who is advocating this war and who is going to profit from it.

On top of that this is an american in 1938! Now why would a brit who lost family members while your lot were pretending the rest of the world didn't exists be insulted by that.

Warmongering
Hatemongering
Intolerance
The self serving cowardly hypocritical perpetutation of ignorance. All the things people people of this ilk accuse their enemies of.
Sorry about the disjointedness of the response my contempt is almost too great for articulation.

Collapse -

Hang on to that.

by TonytheTiger In reply to That would take days

Be tolerant of those who want to kill you. Turn the other cheek when they try. Perhaps that will give you comfort as you weep over the graves of your loved ones.

Collapse -

Wrong! Wrong! Wrong!

by neilb@uk In reply to Hang on to that.

Don't turn the other cheek. Go after the bastards, root them out and kill them all.

Just, for the sake of my sanity and my safety, know who it is you are going after!

That's all we ask.

Collapse -

I''m not a christian

by Tony Hopkinson In reply to Hang on to that.

it's the nutballs you are defending who lay claim to that flavour of insanity.

As for the approaching war, sign up or STFU.

You stood over any graves recently ?
Did you weep ?

Collapse -

Nope

by TonytheTiger In reply to I''m not a christian

I've been busy trying to prevent having to stand over them.

Collapse -

Where are you based

by Tony Hopkinson In reply to Nope

Darfor, Afghanistan, Iraq, Farawayfrombullets ?

Back to Community Forum
162 total posts (Page 1 of 17)   01 | 02 | 03 | 04 | 05   Next