General discussion

Kernel386.exe errors

By eraser3498 ·
Recently I've been getting alot of kernel386.exe errors on my computer. This usually followed by several attempts of rebooting until the Windowes loads again without freezing. The error occurs again after a period of time. I've readc that this can be contributed to bad memory. If it not this what else could it be? Any and all answers are greatly appreciated.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by CptOmlly In reply to Kernel386.exe errors

I would say that if your PC was working fine before, and you didn't change your hardware configuration directly before you started receiving the errors, you most likely have software issues. Did you install and/or update any software or device drivers before you started receiving the errors? Check your event logs for any clues to the offending software.

You might be able to get more specific input if you posted the entire error text, your operating system, and the context of the error message (i.e. error is thrown when program xxxxxx is started, etc.). I will say that in my experience, many times a complete reinstallation of Windows is requried to clear up errors of this sort.

Hope this helps.

Collapse -

by eraser3498 In reply to

Poster rated this answer.

Collapse -

by marcardoso In reply to Kernel386.exe errors

I was getting the same messages on my computer and after I started running Adaware Spyware on it the message gone. You can download Adaware Spyware for free go: google and type adaware and it will take you there version 6.0. I hope that help you!

Collapse -

by eraser3498 In reply to

Poster rated this answer.

Collapse -

by eraser3498 In reply to Kernel386.exe errors

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)