Question

Resolved

Laptop won't go above 60hz on a 144hz monitor

By nicobrs381 ·
Tags: Hardware
Hi, recently i bought a hdmi to dp converter for my dell 7577 (Gtx 1060 Max Q design, i7-7700HQ) to connect it to a 144hz monitor (https://www.amazon.com/gofanco-DisplayPort-Converter-Co...) I made sure it was from hdmi output to displayport in, so that's not the problem. The problem is that when connecting the laptop to the monitor (monitor only has a dp in) i can only use 60hz and 24hz, i tested the dp cables and the converter on another monitor to make sure it could display more than 60hz. The converter specifies it supports up to 1080p 120hz, but not even lowering the resolution gets me above 60hz. I don't get what's wrong, i think my laptop is enough to go above 60hz, it has a hdmi 2.0 output which should be enough, even on an old monitor i could go up to 75hz with a common hdmi cable, any solutions?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

best answer
Collapse -

Laptop won't go above 60hz on a 144hz monitor

by robertosburn6 In reply to Laptop won't go above 60h ...

Go on the “resolution” by right clicking and further on “advance settings” followed by “monitor” finally leading to change “refresh rate”…
There you can check, it will show you your Hz..
Also, check your displayport cable that it should be appropriate according to the requirements.

0 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Share your knowledge
Back to Windows Forum
0 total posts (Page 1 of 1)