General discussion

Linux & Exchange 2003 coexist

By bcmathis ·
I currently administor an Exchange 2003 server using our .com extension and i want to setup a fedora box as an email server with either an addition to the .com extension or with a .net/.org extension. My question is how exactly do i make these 2 mail servers coexist on the same network without any problems? do i have to use different ports for pop3/imap/smtp or can i use the same ports for both? what kind of pointers must i have for DNS? Any answers will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by thys_kitshoff In reply to Linux & Exchange 2003 coe ...

This shouldn?t be an issue, you just have to ensure that all your DNS records are setup correctly (2 IP?s exchange, linux) . Specifically look at you?re A,MX and PTR records. Onlything left to do is configure your FW to forward mail to the servers.

Collapse -

by bcmathis In reply to

thats where im also having a problem, i dont know exactly how to do that. I can setup a Exchange box or a Linux box with not problem and have them be the only email box on the network, but to get both of them working on the network is something that i've never done and dont know how to do.

Collapse -

by bcmathis In reply to Linux & Exchange 2003 coe ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)