General discussion

Login Issue to MS-Exchange 2000

By lickity40 ·
Greetings!

I'm having an 'issue' that I can't seem to explain or control.

I'm running MS-Exchange 2000 in a small organization and the client pc's are on W2KProfessional (about 10 Outlook users). I set the connections up the same way on all of the workstations but when the workstations go to login, here's what I'll get:

Most workstations get the login dialog box with their user name and domain name remembered. They have to fill in their password. They get this even if they logout then log back in.

A couple of others get their login screens with nothing filled in. They must fill in their user ID, domain name and password.

Now, suddenly on ONE workstation, (mine), I d-click the Outlook and don't get a login screen at all and I'm in my mailbox.

Where are the controls to this login process. Anybody?

Regards!

Rick Forsythe

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Login Issue to MS-Exchange 2000

by Carol In reply to Login Issue to MS-Exchang ...

They are in the Control Panel | Mail

To make it easy, take some screen shots of the settings you see here, from your own computer (assuming you'd like your users to log in as quickly and easily as you do).
- Select the option *to remember thepassword.
- Make certain on each machine that the correct Outlook Profile is loading by default.
- Confirm your user's login. Make certain that your users are logging into the domain using the same username that has ownership of the mailbox they are configured to log into.

Hope that helps

Back to Software Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)