General discussion

Mailbox auditing in Exchange 2000?

By achen2002 ·
I need to figure out a way to audit a mailbox base on request from our HR department.

Basically we need to get a copy of all inbound / outbound emails that he receives and sends out.

A copy of every single email needs to be forwarded to the HR manager's special auditing mailbox and it must not cause any attention from this user.

How could I do that?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by dmiddltn In reply to Mailbox auditing in Excha ...

Here is how you do it...
1. Create a new mailbox store.
2. Move the account you wish yo audit to the new store.
3. Right click on the store.
4. On the General tab, you will see an option that says "Archive all messages sent or received by mailboxes on this store."
5. Pick a mailbox to dump it in, you could put it in an existing, or a new account/mailbox.

Collapse -

by achen2002 In reply to

I thought it might be easy but my Exchange is not allowing me to create additional Mailbox Store, here is the error:

"This storage group already contains the maximum number of stores allowed."

Collapse -

by tpolitowski In reply to Mailbox auditing in Excha ...

Have you seen the MailMeter software product? It can analyze all past email and all new emails without intruding on the user. There are easy to use drill down reports and search capabilities. A free evaluation is available. www.mailmeter.com

Collapse -

by achen2002 In reply to

I can not believe there isn't a easy function like this comes with Exchange? Is Microsoft really designing their software base on the need from real world?

Collapse -

by dmiddltn In reply to Mailbox auditing in Excha ...

If you have Enterprise Edition it is... =)

Back to Software Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)