General discussion

Mailbox Creation, Exchange 2000

By maxine.simon ·
We are a small company which has just split off from a larger group and have taken our existing computers along with the software. I have recently added new staff to using microsoft small business server 'new user wizard'. Even though the create mailbox option is ticked, no mail box seems to be created and when I try to add microsoft exchange server to the new staff's email accounts, I get the message 'the name could not be matched to a name in the address list'. What am I doing wrong? I am sure it used to work! I have tried to get a book but it appears our software is out of date. Help!!!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by BFilmFan In reply to Mailbox Creation, Exchang ...

Did you have to change your DNS name structure when you cplit-off from the larger group? Win 2003 SBS will not allow you to change the domain name associated with Exchange. It's a known bug. Need more details on how your enviornment is set up to answer this more completely.

Collapse -

by maxine.simon In reply to Mailbox Creation, Exchang ...

We haven't changed our domain name, all settings are as before with the exception of the user names. We only have one domain and all users are set up as domain users and power users/administrators. We can all log in to the network ok etc. its just the exchange which is a problem.

Collapse -

by TechKid In reply to Mailbox Creation, Exchang ...

Couple ideas, exchange doesn't create a mailbox until the user logs into the mailbox the first time.

It sounds like your RUS isn't based locally anymore since you split. Create a RUS and have it run on your connected exchange server.

Back to Software Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)