General discussion

MAPI or an unspecified service provider ID no: 8004011b

By stergios_nik ·
Hello.

One month ago something strange happened to a mailbox of my Exchange 5.5 Mail Server.

A user told me that he could not send any message.

I logged on using the Outlook Web Access feature of Exchange 5.5 and I noticed some strange long text characters next to the INBOX title heading on the left.

I decided to delete his account and recreate it but when I tried to delete the mailbox, the system refused and displayed the following error message:

"An unexpected, unknown error has occured MAPI or an unspecified service provider ID no: 8004011b-0000-00000000"

After this, I tried to clean the mailbox with the "Tools->Clean" command and it failed, too.

Also, when I tried to check the status of the mailbox size on the server using the special "Mailbox Resources" option I got the same error message.

Now,I do not have the ability to check the mailbox size of all mailboxes on the server because whenever I select the "Mailbox Resources" option I get this error message.

Any ideas what caused this problem and how can I solve it?

Thank you in advance.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by BFilmFan In reply to MAPI or an unspecified se ...

The error code is for corrupt data. You need to either run Exmerge and create a PST of the mailbox (and I won't guarantee that you will get all the mail out) and/or you need to run a check and repair of the Exchange databases with ESEUTIL.

You can get details on how to run ESEUTIL here:
http://blogs.msdn.com/exchange/archive/2004/06/18/159413.aspx

Collapse -

by stergios_nik In reply to

Poster rated this answer.

Collapse -

by rindi1 In reply to MAPI or an unspecified se ...

Have you installed all exchange 5.5 servicepacks and updates?

Collapse -

by stergios_nik In reply to

Poster rated this answer.

Collapse -

by stergios_nik In reply to MAPI or an unspecified se ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)