General discussion
November 19, 2004 at 01:10 AM
stergios_nik

MAPI or an unspecified service provider ID no: 8004011b

by stergios_nik . Updated 21 years, 6 months ago

Hello.

One month ago something strange happened to a mailbox of my Exchange 5.5 Mail Server.

A user told me that he could not send any message.

I logged on using the Outlook Web Access feature of Exchange 5.5 and I noticed some strange long text characters next to the INBOX title heading on the left.

I decided to delete his account and recreate it but when I tried to delete the mailbox, the system refused and displayed the following error message:

“An unexpected, unknown error has occured MAPI or an unspecified service provider ID no: 8004011b-0000-00000000”

After this, I tried to clean the mailbox with the “Tools->Clean” command and it failed, too.

Also, when I tried to check the status of the mailbox size on the server using the special “Mailbox Resources” option I got the same error message.

Now,I do not have the ability to check the mailbox size of all mailboxes on the server because whenever I select the “Mailbox Resources” option I get this error message.

Any ideas what caused this problem and how can I solve it?

Thank you in advance.

This discussion is locked

All Comments