General discussion

MCSE 70-058

By stu ·
I am currently doing the MCSE 70-058 on a self-study package. I am not in the industry, in any way shape or form, and to be honest, it aint that easy if you cant look round and see a star-bus LAN. The question is, basically, is it going to be worth it. All though here in the UK, we are supposed to be crying out for IT people, we dont seem to be rewarding them (help desk 10-12k, a website designer 17k to quote some wages from my local newspaper). Every job that I see in the indisustry wants at least 12 months hands on (fair enough), but HOW does some one like me get the foot in the door?Am I just throwing my hard earned cash down the tubes and trainging for a qualification that I have no chance of using?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Network Essentials

by markk In reply to MCSE 70-058

The title kinda says it all. It's a pain but there is some good fundemental ideas in that book. People are screaming for IT people, because when they put an ad in the paper for a Desktop Analyst with 2 years experiance for $22k, YOU are the only guyto apply... Get it? After they hire you and you make them happy, you finish your MCSE and maybe the CCNA. give it a year or two to get some experiance under your belt... and then it's WHO'S YOUR DADDY TIME! look around for a better job or just Tell them you want $10 -$12k a year more. Don't **** any of those Certs off they are worth cold hard cash.

Good luck

Back to IT Employment Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)