General discussion

Memory problems with Compaq Armada E500

By ma_trujillo ·
I have three Armada E500 PIII 800mhz/128 RAM, machines with Win98 SE installed from the recovery CD. Also installed is Office 97, Mcafee Viruscan, Visual Basic 6 and have it connected to a NT LAN. The ongoing error that I get is "low level resources", "not enough memory to run program". Has anyone received this same error. Any suggestions ?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by saihib In reply to Memory problems with Comp ...

You can start by running msconfig and looking in the startup tab to see which programs are launched when Windows starts. Uncheck everything that doesn't need to run at startup and reboot. My hunch is that Viruscan is the culprit. Also, Office.

Collapse -

by ma_trujillo In reply to Memory problems with Comp ...

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

by Big Ray In reply to Memory problems with Comp ...

We have M700's at our work and had memory and shutdown problems. The fix we found was to shut off the machine. Remove all the expansion memory leaving only the built-in onboard memory. Boot the machine and let windows load. Shut down the machine. Reinstall the expansion memory chips. Boot into windows. There is something wrong with the compaq laptop not working very well with Kensington memory chips. They seem to work fine after they are reinstalled using the above method. I hope this helps you. You can also try playing with the settings of any Virus scanners.

Collapse -

Collapse -

by drew_lgca In reply to Memory problems with Comp ...

I would uninstall Anti Virus and then see how it runs. Also check this site for opitmizing windows 98. I used this on several PC's and it was done wonders.http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2000121816095239

Collapse -

Collapse -

This question was auto closed due to inactivity

Back to Windows Forum
7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)