General discussion

Merry Christmas 2013!

By wizard57m-cnet Moderator ·
Tags: Off Topic
Here's wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas! May you and your families be happy and blessed in this holiday season. Egg nog? (_)D Cheers!
Wiz

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

8 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Merry Christmas Wiz

by PurpleSkys In reply to Merry Christmas 2013!

and to all the good folks here at TR :)

Collapse -

Thank you, Purple!

by wizard57m-cnet Moderator In reply to Merry Christmas Wiz

And tell Darryl "Merry Christmas" as well. Guess my Christmas dinner was good enough...
I fixed a ham, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, a couple loaves of bread, dinner rolls,
green beans, as well as some pies...cherry, Dutch apple and pumpkin. Yes, I actually
did the cooking and baking...I have everyone fooled! They think I can cook, LOL!
That was one of the things I learned a long time ago, and when Mrs. Wiz was diagnosed with breast cancer and underwent surgery, most of the meal prep fell on me.
Anyway, haven't had an outbreak of ptomaine poisoning yet, hehe! Apple roasted and honey
glazed ham...yep, pretty good stuff!

Collapse -

Christmas

by PurpleSkys In reply to Thank you, Purple!

We suppered at my brother's, he and his wife put on the whole spread themselves; it was fantastic. They fed roughly 30 people and still had tons of leftovers. I truly am thankful that our whole family was together this year. :)

I hope Mrs. Wiz is doing well, I understand it's a tough surgery. I have a friend that had a double mastectomy as she had the same gene as Angelina Jolie. It was her second bout with breast cancer. It's been a couple years now and she is doing well. We both wish you and the Mrs a very happy and blessed New Year ahead.

Collapse -

Merry Christmas

by cmiller5400 In reply to Merry Christmas 2013!

Sorry it is a day late, but now we can say - Happy Boxing Day! :)

Collapse -

better late

by PurpleSkys In reply to Merry Christmas

than never lol.... Hope you had a fantastic holiday season!!

Collapse -

Merry Christmas even though it's a few days late

by HAL 9000 Moderator In reply to Merry Christmas 2013!

But what can I say get ready for the New Year.

Col

Collapse -

New Year

by PurpleSkys In reply to Merry Christmas even thou ...

Col, Darryl and i are wishing you and yours our best wishes for the New Year. (hugs)

Collapse -

A bit of black humour

by HAL 9000 Moderator In reply to New Year

Mum wants to donate her body to medicine and since she is now in the final stages of cancer she has insisted that my sister make the necessary arrangements. Worked out quite well and everything was filled in submitted and so on to which mum said she could now die happy, to which my sister replied that yes she could provided that she didn't die between Christmas & New Year because the Medical School was shut and not accepting donations.

Mum is currently sleeping about 20 hours a day and is close to the end so it was a very real possibility that she may see Christmas but not the New Year. She is now determined to see January till at least the 10th so her wishes will be for filled.

One of the bad things of knowing people who work in the wrong places. She's still insisting that she gets her way and the poor guy who runs the Body Donation Program must hate her as she's been harassing him ever since she found out that they closed between Christmas & New Year. Crazy what you find funny when people are dying.

Col

Back to After Hours Forum
8 total posts (Page 1 of 1)