Question

Microsoft Exchange 2003 Version

By rpost ·
With the DST issue, I was okay until I needed to know the version of Exchange 2003 we are running. That is, have any service packs been applied? I see no way to display that information. Only Belarc Advisor tells me that it is Version 6.5 which doesn't indicate upgrades or revisions. I suspect that my predecessors installed it out of the box in '03 and done nothing since.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Use Exchange System Manager

by DPDTech In reply to Microsoft Exchange 2003 V ...

If you have access to Exchange System Manager, navigate into the tree to your equivalent of:
Administrative Groups | First Admin Group | Servers

Right-click your server, and choose Properties. On the General tab you'll see a version, build, and SP level.

Collapse -

Thank You!!!

by rpost In reply to Use Exchange System Manag ...

Emperical evidence suggested we are on SP1, your help confirmed it. I have inherited Exchange management duties with no prior knowledge. What resources do you recommend to bring me up to speed (well at least close)?

Collapse -

Resources

by DPDTech In reply to Thank You!!!

If you're looking for books, there are tons of them out there. Depending on your taste in style, you can find solid reference works from Microsoft, O'Reilly, Sams. But I'd suggest a quick class at a training center if you're under time pressure. Online you can find good resources at MSExchange.org, SlipStick.com, and of course Microsoft.com/Exchange. And here, of course.

Best of luck!

Back to Software Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)