My installation of Office has been fine until today. I tried to run a Wizard (Table Analyser) from Access and I got an error message saying Wizard not installed properly/error in registry/a Visual Basic declaration is incorrect…sort of thing…although it doesn’t show an error number, it’s Error 7850.
The solution apparently is to do a Detect and Repair in Access, or to delete all the accwiz.dll and .mde files and then repair or reinstall Office.
I have tried every tweak, every registry hack and every fix I can find in the MS Knowledgebase but to no avail. I really don’t want to wipe my system and re-install everything from scratch.
The only thing that has changed on the system since the last time Office worked properly, was that I have added a Hauppauge WinTV-PCI card. I can’t see any link between that and Office Wizards suddenly not working.
I have also done a complete uninstall of Office, removed all relevant ini files and registry entries, then re-installed from scratch. I think this is a VBA issue but I’m not sure. If so, how do I uninstall and reinstall just VBA (there is no option for this on the Office Setup custom options). I did try deleting the VBA folder in Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared, and Office then flashed up a dialoge stating that this feature needed to be installed. I inserted the O2K CD, and it installed (apparently!) the missing components, but Wizards still don’t work.
I have tried a Google search for more help, and a Copernic search, but no luck yet….any suggestions anyone?