General discussion

Microsoft Outlook 20003

By kashmeir63 ·
Hi,
I'm using Microsoft outlook 2003. I'm also running Norton Anti-Virus.I noticed every once in a while an e-mail is sent. The norton anti-virus screen pops up for a split second to show it scanned an outgoing e-mail. This is a e-mail I did not send. when I check the sent log,it shows nothing being sent.I tried running spyware and checked for any virus. Did not find anything. I was wondering if there was some kind of log from Outlook I could check.
Any help would be appreciated.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by BFilmFan In reply to Microsoft Outlook 20003

Are you running Outlook 2003 in Cached Mode? If you are, it is probably scanning the mail as it goes to the Exchange server.

Collapse -

by kashmeir63 In reply to

Poster rated this answer.

Collapse -

by kashmeir63 In reply to Microsoft Outlook 20003

No I'm not running exchange. I have e-mail software running on a server

Collapse -

by ReWrite In reply to Microsoft Outlook 20003

Are you running any free software that is ad-supported? I try alot of software just to see what it does and I had a weather app that did the exact same thing. The email being sent was from the weather app and did not show up in my email logs but showed up in the account I had set up for the freeware app as coming from the weather app website. Check any apps you are running for activity. Also, if you are running a firewall you should be able to see what app is active when the email is being sent.

Cheers.

RW

Collapse -

by kashmeir63 In reply to

Poster rated this answer.

Collapse -

by kashmeir63 In reply to Microsoft Outlook 20003

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)