General discussion

Missing OM19.DLL Outlook 2000

By sarahsway ·
I have a new HP Notebook with WXP SP2. I installed MS Office with Outlook 2000. It's been running well for about a month but..........Now I try to open Outlook and it tells me it's missing OM19.DLL file. I have search all over the net looking for anyone that may have encountered this issue as well. I see quite a few referances to Outlook and this missing file but nothing to assist me in correcting the problem. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and rebooted serverala times but to no avail. I even tried to go ahead a use my system restore to go back to a point prior to the original load of Office 2000 and the system will not retore at all. I am quite perplexed and concerned. The system does offer the trial period of Office 2003 but since I'm working on training for certifacation in Office Programs of 2000 version I wanted to work with the 2000 applications first. Any thoughts?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

This really belongs in TQ&A

by Jessie In reply to Missing OM19.DLL Outlook ...

But... I'm feeling generous today. Have you done a search (be sure to include hidden files and folders) and is there such a file ON your system? If it's still on the computer, uninstalling and reinstalling office doesn't always delete all the files that get installed with it...especially if they're in the system or windows folders. Try uninstalling office, deleting the offending file/files, run scandisk and defrag (defrag will move the files around so that the computer doesn't simply restore the file names) THEN reinstall orifice.

Collapse -

Like Jessie said ...

by deepsand In reply to Missing OM19.DLL Outlook ...

this is a tech. problem, in search of a solution.

It properly belongs in "Technical Q&A," not in "Discussions." There you will be more likely to get the attention of those seeking questions that they might answer.

You should re-post there..

Thank you.

Back to Community Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)