Question

Monitor Problem - HP DV1207

By joshheidler ·
About a week and a half ago, the lamp in my HP DV1207 went dim.

After some research, I found that it was most likely the inverter, so I installed a replacement. The inverter fixed the problem...but only somewhat.

Now, if I start my laptop on A/C power, the lamp lights up. Once the computer is started, I can remove the A/C plug and the lamp stays bright. When I start my laptop on battery power, however, the lamp lights up for a moment and then dims again.

This is NOT a problem with my brightness settings between A/C and battery power b/c once the laptop is started on A/C the lamp stays bright even when A/C is removed.

Prior to installing the new inverter, the lamp never came up - regardless of A/C or battery power. This makes me think that my original problem was related to the inverter, but now I have a new set of issues if I want to run the computer on battery.

I've looked everywhere but can't seem to find a possible cause for this problem. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. I'll be happy to provide more info if needed.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Exact same here

by xtremeplayr In reply to Monitor Problem - HP DV12 ...

Everything you have written pertains to my computer as well which is a compaq v2000 including the a/c power part. You are not the only person in this situation. Have you figured out what is wrong?

Back to Windows Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  

Related Forums