General discussion

MS Access 2003 and MS Word 2003 combo

By jennim66 ·
I have a problem with my clients I created an AccessDB with. It includes a simple function that opens an instance of Word and loads a mail merge document. This document then sources a certain table in the DB. This was all developed in Off2002, then downgraded to 2000. This was no problem, I use only the basic stuff. Now they have gone the other way and have upgraded to Off2003 and I have suddenly started getting what looks like security issues - the mail merge documents ahave been losing their data source. When the file is opened manually in Word, the mail merge documents always prompt "to allow this SQL query" and if "no" clicked the merge document loses its data source. This I have not been able to pick up in the Access function or a recorded Word macro. The main employee using this DB wants to log into the company server remotely using terminal server and their H/W suppliers have this and the office S/W under control. Does anyone know how to sort out what security is coming from where? The DB is now running off their server. I turned the MS Word security to Low and it still causes Access to debug.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by DKlippert In reply to MS Access 2003 and MS Wor ...

You might try to use ODBC to connect instead of OLEDB. In Word 2002/2003 when you get the "Select Data Source" dialog box, click on the Tools menu and you should find MS Query at the bottom.

Back to Software Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  

Related Forums