General discussion

MS Access hogging CPU on Win 2000 TS

By dfloyd ·
I'm running Access 97 on a Win 2000 Server and accessing using Terminal Services. If I simply open up a TS client and then open Access to the main form, it behaves fine. When I open various forms and then return to the main form, Access is peggingthe CPU at 100%. Sometimes the msaccess.exe process gives up the CPU when another application opens and performance is not hurt. Other times the server just crawls until I stop the msaccess.exe process.
I ran the compatibility script for Office97 and have spent some time playing with various options. I still have the problem.
I did find that Excel would do the same thing with a blank sheet open and I fixed this by turning off the automatic spell and grammer checks.
Thanks for any help. I found nothing on MS Technet.
Darryl

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by mike.batters In reply to MS Access hogging CPU on ...

The original release (with no service pack) of Win2K TS did have some bugs in it. I think the best place to start would be applying Win2K service pack 1, if you haven;t already, and see if that helps at all. Might also be worth applying the Office97 SP(s) too, again if you haven't already.

Mike.

Collapse -

by dfloyd In reply to MS Access hogging CPU on ...

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

by dfloyd In reply to MS Access hogging CPU on ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)