General discussion

MS DOS in WIndows 2000

By Samiangel ·
I have a problem and Im not sure how to resolve it. In our office we had in the past a DOS Program that we used for Permit Tracking, recently we installed new Computers with Win2000. How can I get the old DOS Program to work in Win2000, or is it notpossible. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

More Info Please

by JackOfAllTech In reply to MS DOS in WIndows 2000

What exactly happens when you try to run the DOS program? I can probably help you but I need more info.

FYI - You'd probably get a faster response posting questions like this in the Q&A section.

Ralph

Collapse -

It can be done

by jereg In reply to MS DOS in WIndows 2000

My company is still using an old DOS program to run our entire business. I'm upgrading the PC's to W2K now. You don't say what the program requires, but try this.
1. Set up the autoexec.nt and config.nt files like your older boxes.
2. Create a DOSicon on your desktop.(you may want to use cmd.exe instead of command.exe)
3. Change the properties of the icon to start your program, set the memory, and anything else the program needs.
4. be sure to set up the printing with the NET USE command.Good Luck.

Collapse -

It can be done

My company is still using an old DOS program to run our entire business. I'm upgrading the PC's to W2K now. You don't say what the program requires, but try this.
2. Create a DOSicon on your desktop.(you may want to use cmd.exe instead of command.exe)
3. Change the properties of the icon to start your program, set the memory, and anything else the program needs.

Collapse -

It can be done

Back to Community Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)