General discussion

MS Exchange server 2003 Mounting issue

By siphoakasiwa ·
Okay, I have a serious problem. My exchange server 2003 has dismounted the mail and public store databases and refuses to mount them back on and give an erro message to "restart the system manager or information store services or both". All the services are running properly. The hard disk where the databases sit has enough space. The only problem I can see is that the database size is 15GB. Defragmentation, repair, recovery don't work because of a corrupted or missing log file. There are no backups of the system and I am totally puzzled.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by p.j.hutchison In reply to MS Exchange server 2003 M ...

Try using ESEUTIL to repair the databases using /P option.
Otherwise you will have to build a new database and loose all existing mail.

And get a backup schedule running!!!!!!!!!

Collapse -

by p.j.hutchison In reply to

proper syntax is for, example:

eseutil /p "C:\Program files\Exchsrvr\Mdbdata\Priv1.edb" /s "C:\Program files\Exchsrvr\Mdbdata\Priv1.stm"

Would repair Priv1 database at the default database location.

Collapse -

by HAL 9000 Moderator In reply to MS Exchange server 2003 M ...

It would also help if you tested the drive that the Data is sitting on. It's always possible that the drive has started to develop issues or maybe even failed so it is impossible to mount it.

To test the drive download the Drive Makers Testing Utility or if you do not know who the drive maker is then you can use the Ultimate Boot CD to do some Diagnostics including testing the HDD/s

http://tinyurl.com/3jnpy

Collapse -

by siphoakasiwa In reply to MS Exchange server 2003 M ...

All service packs are installed. But I'm not sure how to use the eseutil tool. I know the code to use is eseutil /p

Collapse -

by anil_m9 In reply to MS Exchange server 2003 M ...

Have you tried to mount database using Enterprise admin login? If no try it again.

Back to Software Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)