General discussion

MS Office 2000 Office Assistant

By srose ·
I installed Microsoft Office on a computer. I did a custom install, run all from computer and then selected Outlook and unselected that. The install went clean, but when launch Word and click help a message appears stating:
There was a problem starting Office Assistant would you to reinstall. Another messages states to reinstall office and select repair. The repair did not work. I have removed office, ran eraser2k and then reinstalled office into a new directory. I still receive the same error message.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by sgt_shultz In reply to MS Office 2000 Office Ass ...

how about shotgunning it by going to officeupdate.microsoft.com and applying the latest office service packs?

Collapse -

by srose In reply to

Poster rated this answer.
I already tried, after installing SP3 for Office 2000 same appeared.

Collapse -

by patch575 In reply to MS Office 2000 Office Ass ...

Hello,

Have you tried to uninstall the office assistant? Do you need it? If it is a feature that you don't need, there is a link on procedures to uninstall just the feature. Also check to see if there are any scrathces on the CD or perhaps it is just dirty. You can try to clean it off with somthing non-abrasive. I wouldn't use any chemicals.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=207875#3

Collapse -

by srose In reply to

User needs Office Assistant. Install was not via CD but via an administrative install from network.

Collapse -

by pierrejamme In reply to MS Office 2000 Office Ass ...

Did youe select "Run all from my computer" on the install selections for Microsoft tools and Office assistants?

Is it XP or W2k and doi you have Administrative rights. Older versions of Office act weird when power users try to use them. Typical M$.

Collapse -

by srose In reply to

Custom install run all from computer was selected. The computer is running W2K and user has admin rights. Software was removed and actually installed while logged in as administrator as well as logged in as user that had local admin rights.

Collapse -

by AhchiNg In reply to MS Office 2000 Office Ass ...
Back to Software Forum
7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)