General discussion

MS Project 2000

By techless ·
MS Project 2000 (on calendar) shows year March 2004 ... but when it goes to April it becomes 2005. The dates in the project as listed right but when you want to look within the month range it skips a year. I have reinstalled the sw. If I open blank project, year is right. When I open existing projects, year goes wrong and will not go back. WHAT IS WRONG -- WHAT TO DO?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by Albert Franco II In reply to MS Project 2000

If it works correctly in a new project but not in an existing one, then the existing one is corrupted.

From here there are a variety of possible ways to save the file.

1) Check the project definition for resource or task calendars that are out of wack. If this is a very big project then this will be VERY tedious.

2) Export the file to excel, check for funny dates, then open the excel file in Project and then save it as a project file using the save as option. Depending on the options you choose you will loose a little or a lot of information. But it does force Project to create a new, healthy file.

3) Open a new Project file and cut and paste tasks and resources. Again, if this is a large file this could take a few cups of coffee to get though! However, as in solution number 2, it does force Project to start over a healthy file. Make sure to save (using version numbers in the name) and test at convienient intervals to try to catch the offending item before you destroy a lot work.

Good Luck and patience. File reconstruction is a B...ch!

Back to Software Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)