General discussion

MS Publisher 2000

By true_t9 ·
Im working on a personal webpage using mspublisher; when initialy saved without making any changes, its 375kb in size; then I go and add to it a jpg file thats 750kb in size, now my webpage file is over 10gb in size, why, when Im only adding a 750kbsize file to it. What did I do wrong? How can I corret this.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Correction

by true_t9 In reply to MS Publisher 2000

The file size changed to over 10mb not 10gb as previously stated. thank you for your assistance.

Collapse -

Just a guess....

by brianmpenn In reply to MS Publisher 2000

Sometimes how the image was placed can make a difference in the size of the file, or even how it was saved can effect file size. If the image was cut and pasted for the clipboard that can drive up the size of the publication file. Other things maybe if you have cropping information stored in the document. Try to limit image manipulation in-line to a minimum. If the art need to be doctored, it should be done outside of the publisher software and then imported exactly as it is to apperar in-line.

One final thing, sometime (I don't necessarily know if this is true for Publisher) using the menu File -> Save As is better then just plain Save or the Save button on the toolbar.

I hope that helped.

Back to Community Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)