General discussion

MSO9.DLL error in Outlook 2000

By emwarrenfeltz ·
User is running Windows 98 (original) on a Toshiba notebook using Office 2000, so the Outlook copy is 2000 also. He has added the 'My Documents' folder as a shortcut to his Outlook bar under 'My Shortcuts'. Outlook works fine to send and receive mail, open the Inbox, add Contacts, all just fine. If he clicks on the My Documents folder, Outlook generates a MSO9.DLL error and locks.

We have uninstalled and reinstalled Office several times, accessed MS website looking for causes, but found nothing that works.

Any suggestions on how to allow the user to open the My Documents folder from within Outlook? BTW, this did work fine up until several weeks ago and now does not. User claims he did not make any changes.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by Slim_Jim_tx In reply to MSO9.DLL error in Outlook ...

Try the "Detect and Repair" option under the help menu. You may need the Office 2000 install cd. Also, make sure you are up to date on the updates and office service packs.

Good Luck!

Collapse -

by emwarrenfeltz In reply to MSO9.DLL error in Outlook ...

This fix was tried based on info from MS website. Did not fix problem.

Collapse -

by darts32 In reply to MSO9.DLL error in Outlook ...

Do a search for Outcmd.dat and Mso9.dll. Rename the Outcmd.dat and Mso9.dll files to have extension .old then run a repair from the Office 2000 setup.

Collapse -

by emwarrenfeltz In reply to MSO9.DLL error in Outlook ...

This fix was tried based on info from MS website. Did not fix problem. We even copied MSO9.DLL from different PC suspecting copy of file on install CD, did not fix.

Back to Software Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)