Question

My HP C4385 keeps disconneting itself, pls help!

By mimimui ·
Hi I'm a newbie here. I have bought a HP C4385 wireless printer, and connect three laptops with it. I can successfully connect to my laptop, but it's very weire that it keep disconnecting and reconnecting itself.... The warning icon just keep showing up again... Is there any configuration i need to do to make sure that the printer stay connected?? Pls help, thanks a lot!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

What OS and Drivers are you using?

by OH Smeg In reply to My HP C4385 keeps disconn ...

Also does this accrue on everyone of the 3 NB's or just one of them?

Col

Collapse -

Yes both three NB got the same problem.

by mimimui In reply to What OS and Drivers are y ...

I'm using WinXP, with TP-Link TL-WR541G Wireless Router, using the printer driver that comes with the installation disc... I have tried to move the printer closed to the Router to avoid any signal interuption, but it doesn't help, and all my wireless devices work fine. Thank you!!!

Collapse -

Well as you are using XP that makes a difference

by OH Smeg In reply to Yes both three NB got the ...

AS XP is god with WiFi and I'm assuming that everything else is working correctly start off by looking at the router to see if you have enough Concurrent Connections enabled.

You could have the printer fighting with the NB for a connection and constantly dropping out.

If that's not the problem my first option would be a faulty Printer. As the other stuff is I'm supposing existing and working the most obvious if the Router has enough WiFi connections enabled has to be the new hardware in this case the printer.

Have you tried turning off 1 NB at a time to see if the connection Improves? If it does the NB and Printer are conflicting on the connection. Vista does this a lot so that was my first thought when I read your originally post but as that isn't being used here your only option is either the Router doesn't have enough Concurrent Connections Enabled or the Printer is faulty.

Col

Collapse -

HP The Problem with disconnects of HP C4385

by jcw062641 In reply to My HP C4385 keeps disconn ...

It is the HP Updates that are causing the problems

Back to Laptops Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)