My Samsung 300E windows 7 laptop keyboard keys type random characters.
Some of the keyboard keys of my Samsung 300E windows 7 laptop output random characters, for example, the r key outputs “y” while the y key also outputs “y”. Most of the letters are okay but most of the non-letter keys seem to output different characters and actions. This frustrates me alot.
– Details (chronological order):
1. Whenever I opened my Samsung 300E laptop, it was always stuck on this cmd type screen when booting up. I couldn’t press enter because i didn’t know the reason (find out in number 3). Because of this I decided to lock it up for a long time.
2. I got a new laptop so I got 1 out of the 2 ram chips from the Samsung 300E windows 7.
3. Time passed and i soon decided to fix the Samsung laptop. Booted it up, I then knew there was alternative of the enter key (ctrl+m) so that i can exit the cmd type screen upon booting up. I started typing, I realized some output of the keys were mixed up and some outputs were duplicated, example: pgup does backspace and both the shift key and the ctrl key type “x”. I then decided to factory reset the laptop. Done (It only factory reset the C drive, and not the D drive). Still didnt work.
– Fixes I tried to but didnt work:
1. I tried 3rd party software such as MapKeyboard and others. While using these, i came to the conclusion that the wrong outputs of the keys became the DEFAULT outputs of the keys. So mapping software didnt work.
2. Already tried to change the settings in the region and language settings.
Thanks in advance to those who decide to help me on this problem.