General discussion

My Windows 2003 server is going crazy

By marco136669 ·
Tags: Microsoft
My server recently had a power failure and after that it started giving me issues.

First it "Rebuilding active directory indexes..."
after that DNS issues and now many other issues.

Here is a little about the network, it consists of 1 file server and server 1 with AD in it, 5 computers on domain and 2 which are not and when I ping to the file server from any computer on the domain it gives a 208.xxx.xx.xx IP but file server's IP is 192.168.0.81 but computers outside the domain pings them correctly, but i can also ping 0.81 IP from any machine and it gives a reply as well.

I checked DNS but couldnt find any IP reserved for the file server and I'm clueless of what might be the problem.

Also note that DHCP is enabled from the modem.

Please someone help me out.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Check the NAT/PAT also

by alik66178 In reply to My Windows 2003 server is ...

Your explanation is confusing, but as I understood, you have private IP for your file server and it is showing Public IP, it is due to NAT/PAT. I think you should exclude the IP which you will want to assign to the file server or other server. It is the time of windows server 2012, you should also study it. There are lot of new concepts in the windows server 2012. I also did my MCSA from Luminis Consulting Services, the training add lot of new knowledge in the MCSE (windows 2003) . If you want to know more about you can visit http://luminisindia.com/microsoft-boot-camps-training-and-certifications-programs-windows-server-2012-r2 I hope this will help you.

Back to Windows Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)