General discussion

Netscape 7.01 - how to auto connect?

By sgt_shultz ·
ok, this is embarassing. but. how do i configure netscape 7.01 to automatically dial my default internet dial up connectoid? thanks in advance.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

12 total posts (Page 1 of 2)   01 | 02   Next
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by myndkrime In reply to Netscape 7.01 - how to au ...

You might want to check out the this area on Netscape....Basically they are setting up the autodial feature on Windows.....

http://help.netscape.com/netscape7/common_problems.html#auto_dial

Collapse -

by sgt_shultz In reply to Netscape 7.01 - how to au ...

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

hey, if ya want a thousand points, i need to be spoon fed the answer. i can look up help myself...if you are too busy, i understand. me, too. btw, having my dial up set to automatically dial and as the default does not see to be doing the trick on this customers XP box...thanks for your time

Collapse -

by dmiles In reply to Netscape 7.01 - how to au ...

Click Start->Settings->Control Panel
Double-click the Connections tab
Click the Radio button besides the Dial whenever a network connection is not present option
click OK

Collapse -

yes, thanks. sorry i did not supply the information up front that i have tried that. comforting to know that it should be working that way and it helps...

Collapse -

yes, thanks. sorry i did not supply the information up front that i have tried that. comforting to know that it should be working that way and it helps...

Collapse -

please accept humble apologies for 1) ill-thought out comment and 2) not providing enuf information. I will take another swing at writing up this question tomorrow...

Collapse -

by jkaras In reply to Netscape 7.01 - how to au ...

Typically if you go into ie\tools\connection\ or control panel to internet options and select your default dialer to always dial my default connection it will dial the default connection when you click on netscape icon. It works both ways whether you click ie or netscape. Netscape didnt include this setting in their preferences and relies on the os to bind the dialer. If all else fails create a dialer and put short cut on desktop. ( I prefer this method to determine if browser problem or dialerissue, easier to troubleshoot)

Collapse -

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

by csmith In reply to Netscape 7.01 - how to au ...

The problem with 7.01, is that it connects before it loads the browser, or at least it does on this PC.
There is something that went wrong in the initial setup of 7.01.
A reload may be the quickest solution, if you have the setup file on the hard disk.
I still run 4.71 and 7.01 alternatly, because I prefer some features of 4.71 for some sites.
Will investigate further, if I have time.
Regards, Chris

Back to Windows Forum
12 total posts (Page 1 of 2)   01 | 02   Next