General discussion

Norton SystemWorks 2001 Problems

By galahad04 ·
I recently purchased a copy of Norton SystemWorks 2001 Pro Ed. However, I am having a problem with the Speed Disk utility (part of the Norton Utilities). The difficulty is that no matter how many times I run Speed Disk, the System Doctor screen reports "99%" of the disk as unfragmented (when it should be reporting "100%" of the disk as unfragmented). I do not have any bad sectors on the disk in question, so that is not an issue. I also tried closing and resetting System Doctor, but that did not help either. What is most annoying is that until my computer crashed recently, Speed Disk had been working fine and reporting 100% defragmentation. Any idea how to get the 99% to read 100% defragmentation again as it should from Speed Disk?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by B_Pope In reply to Norton SystemWorks 2001 P ...

on the recommendation screen when you start speed disk,is full optimization & optimize swap file both checked?.
also try closing norton & run your windows defrag to see what it does.
if windows defrag works try the one button checkup & see if you get any errors anywhere.
you may have to uninstall & reinstall norton, since you did say your system crashed,might have messed up norton.
I stopped using speed disk & most of the other norton utilities & my system runs alot better now(WinME).

Collapse -

by galahad04 In reply to Norton SystemWorks 2001 P ...

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

by galahad04 In reply to Norton SystemWorks 2001 P ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)