General discussion

Office 2000 Repair Tool

By regarchrm ·
I recently installed Office 2000 Professional Full Version. The installation went fairly smoothly and I have been using it for about three months. I have also installed Office 2000 SR-1a.
There have been some minor glitches, so I ran the repairtool. The repair went OK for disk one, however when I used repair for disk 2 (Publisher and Small Business Tools), the repair/installation seemed to stall.
After two hours of barely moving, the installation was less than 40% installed. During this process my CD seemed to spin aimlessly back and fourth. I could also hear the CD clacking up and down.
What I would like to know, is this normal operation or is something wrong with my CD driver or the repair process in general.
I would appreciate any help on this.

Thank You;

Ron MerceACS-Architectural Consulting Services

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Office 2000 Repair Tool

by dmiles In reply to Office 2000 Repair Tool

Idonot think that you are having any hardware problems,doing a repair to Office 2000 the re-installing of the service pack will start from the beginning and that means that the insall using Disk-2 is scheduled to install in time limit of four hours,check the Windows update site and look up Office 2000 update,the installer only takes a few minutes,yet the actual SR-1 willtake considerable time to do a complete repair.

Collapse -

Office 2000 Repair Tool

by regarchrm In reply to Office 2000 Repair Tool

Thanks for your help.

Collapse -

Office 2000 Repair Tool

by regarchrm In reply to Office 2000 Repair Tool

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)