General discussion

Office 2002 SP3 Glitch?

By Guinivret ·
My business partner is running MS Windows XP Pro ver 2002 service pack 2 on his Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.20 G with 256 RAM. He is also running Outlook 2002 SP3 and Word 2002 SP3.
When he tries to reply to an e-mail, he clicks <reply> and positions his cursor to begin typing, and Outlook closes instantly.
He can forward an e-mail, or create a new e-mail with no problem.
When he opens Word, and pastes text into a new doc, Word indicates it is writing, then closes instantly. Sometimes a temp file is save, sometimes nothing.

I am running XP Pro ver 2002 SP 2 on my laptop, and I am running Outlook 2002 and Word 2002, neither are the SP 3 version he is running, and I have no problems!

Any clue what might be going on?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by LiamE In reply to Office 2002 SP3 Glitch?

Try turning off the option to use word as your email editor and see if that helps.

Collapse -

by dustyD In reply to Office 2002 SP3 Glitch?

If the above answer solves the problem, also try running Office Application Recovery. You will probably need to have your installation CD handy if Office was installed from a CD, or be connected to your network if installed from a network location.

I assume you are using Office and not individual applications?

Collapse -

by ReWrite In reply to Office 2002 SP3 Glitch?

If the XP SP2 was installed after the Office SP3 then he mi9ght want to reinstall the Office SP3 to see if it corrects any errors introduced with the XP SP2 installation. XP SP2 has been known to cause many issues with installed software.

Cheers.

RW

Back to Software Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)