Question

Office 2003 installation on 2nd computer

By bmoraru ·
hi,

have acquired a MS Office 2003 suite (retail version) from ebay, the previous owner had installed it and then removed it prior to selling. can i install it anew on my machine? can i install it on two computers? thanks!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

You can install it...

by ThumbsUp2 In reply to Office 2003 installation ...

However, it may not validate without calling Microsoft and give them certain information. The only way you will know is to try it.

As far as installing it on two computers, usually the answer is NO. However, the Academic version did allow installing on both a desktop and a laptop for personal use. So, it depends on what version you purchased. You can ask Microsoft when you have them on the phone getting the first installation validated.

Collapse -

If it is the Retail Version

by OH Smeg In reply to Office 2003 installation ...

There shouldn't be a problem installing it on 2 Computers and Activating it. As you are in Europe and not the US you have a bit more leeway when it comes to M$ Licensing and having the Disc is about all you will require though as this has been used previously you may be required to Ring M$ to Activate it after you install it and within a 30 Day Period but that shouldn't be any problems, just chose your country in the Activation page and ring the Phone Number supplied there.

But if it was installed some time ago you may not have any problems and you may be able to Activate it over the Internet just try it and see what happens.

Col

Back to Software Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)