Question

Office 2003 not uninstalling/installing after hardware change

By jjd226 ·
I have a tablet PC that just had a motherboard switched out of it. My boss, has a new computer but for some reason wants to run Access 2003 files from this machine.

The problem is that the program will not uninstall, or run the uninstall for that matter. The program also does not launch. It is installed in the computer, but will not let me interact with it. When I try to run access, I get an install box for about 2 seconds, and it just disappears.

When I try to uninstall this I get

"The Installation source for this product is not available. Verify that the source exists and that you can access it."

It is installed, I can dig through the Local drive and find it, but I am not able to interact with the program at all, in normal, or safe mode. The only thing I can think of to fix this is to reformat it, I was thinking that manually deleting it might work, but I would probably have to clear the registry manually, and I don't want to be deleting Microsoft based programs from a system that is running a Microsoft OS.

If anyone has seen an error like this after switching out hardware, your help would be greatly appreciated.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

A couple of things to try

by Jacky Howe In reply to Office 2003 not uninstall ...

You receive the "This patch package could not be opened" error message in an Office program

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/295823

Packages Assigned to Computers with Group Policy Are Not Installed

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278472

You could also try a repair or reinstall from the original CD. Depending on where it was originally installed from.

Collapse -

Rip & Reinstall

by dev_santana In reply to A couple of things to try

try this & it should work.

-install windows install cleanup utility from
www.support.microosft.com/kb/290301
-run it & it will list all your programs,look out for Office -uninstall it

-click on start>run>type regedit
-expand the registry to

-HKLM Software/Microsoft/Office
and
-HKCU Software/Microsoft/Office