General discussion

Office 2003 Pro & 2003 Standard Server

By amrish ·
I am running Office 2003 on Windows 2003 Standard server (NOT DC)on Dell PowerEdge 700 with 1Gb RAM. for some reason starnge things happening when try to save word document! it takes long time to save document. I have checked microsoft and other web sites for the answer but so far no luck! any help on this?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by j.lupo In reply to Office 2003 Pro & 2003 St ...

I know you are not going to like my answer, but I had this happen to me.
Step 1. boot in safe mode and scan for viruses.
Step 2. If step 1 didn't solve the problem, uninstall Office 2003 completely and reinstall (you may have a bad installation, I did have that happen).
Step 3. If steps 1 & 2 fail, then defrag and compress your system. Sometimes it may be too fragmented so the program is not able to save efficiently.

Also, if all three steps fail, can you provide more information about what happened? Is it only Word? Is it only the save in Word?, Do you have other things running at the time? etc.

Collapse -

by cmiller5400 In reply to Office 2003 Pro & 2003 St ...

Make sure the following folder is emptied on a regular basis. c:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Office\Recent. Also check to make sure that all mapped drives are correct. I have seen a mapped drive to a nonexistant server cause issues.

Back to Software Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)