There are three Exchange servers in our domain, they are physically at different sites in different cities, let me call these servers mailsrv1 at site 1 (main office), mailsrv2 at site 2 and mailsrv3 at site 3. I am working at site 1.
My domain account is a member of “Exchange Domain Servers” which suppose to have access to all mailboxes.
In my Outlook, when I use “File – Open – Other User’s folder” and type in a username which is located in site 1 & site 3, I have no problem; however when I try to open a mailbox homed at site2, I got the following error: “Unable to display the folder. The Inbox folder could not be found.”
If I added the user’s mailbox as additional mailbox, and click on his name trying to open his Mailbox, here is the error I got:
“Unable to expand the folder. The set of folders could not be opened. The operation failed.”
The ways these two remote servers are configured are almost identical, I have not noticed any other problem from the Exchange server at site2, except the fact that I can not open any mailbox from this server.
I can not find out how should I troubleshoot because I don’t have an idea where to start. Can someone please give me a hint?
In order to save yout time, please do not provide a solution telling me to add the right (permission) explicitly, I did not do this and I have no problem accessing to mailboxes of 150+ users located at Site 1 and Site 3. I do not take “Pick the user you want to access, give yourself permission to access his mailbox” as solution.