General discussion

Operation failed in Outlook 2003

By aduran ·
When trying to send an email in Outlook 2003 I get a message that says The operation failed. An object could not be found.

If I have previously received an email from someone then outlook will allow me to send an email with no problem but if I am trying to send an email to someone new I get the above error message and it does not go thru.

Any advice would be appreciated

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by BFilmFan In reply to Operation failed in Outlo ...

Do a repair of Outlook, after scanning your system for malware/spyware/trojans.

Be sure to put on the Service Packs.

Collapse -

by aduran In reply to

Poster rated this answer.

Collapse -

by jergar551 In reply to Operation failed in Outlo ...

We had this problem a while back when we installed Outlook 2003. OUr problem was that we were running Microsoft Mail which is not supported by '03. If you are running Microsoft Mail you will need to download a file called MSMail2003 and run it.

Collapse -

Remove using Word 2003 to edit your email messages

by clamp290280 In reply to Operation failed in Outlo ...

Hi, I had the same problem as well. Click on Outlook 2003 SP2, and no "Send/Receive" button. Whenever I click on "New" or "Reply" or "Forward", it spits out (without any other clues) "The Operation Failed". After I untick the "Use word 2003 to edit email messages", the problem gone.

FYI, I have reinstall office 2003, repatch everything, create new profiles, and none of that works.

Cheers

Collapse -

i am having this issue now

by jay.eric.brown In reply to Remove using Word 2003 to ...

I have a user with windows2000 and using office 2003. she is getting this "operation failed" error message. I have unchecked the use word to edit email messages and i have also renamed the normal.dot file,detect and repair, and reinstalled office.

Collapse -

Thanks!!

by mavivienk In reply to Remove using Word 2003 to ...

This works like a charm! Solved my problem too. Thanks clamp290280@...

Regards,

Mavi

Back to Software Forum
6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)