General discussion

Outlook 2000 attachment comes as Wrodpad

By aamir711 ·
Installed office 2000 pro on a laptop, updated office 2000 to SR-1 and then downloaded Office SP3 and ran the SP3.Exe. Application working fine, In Outlook when ever I recieve a word attachment, its ext shows as.doc but the icon of that attachments is like .RTF document.

I have enabled MSWORD check sign under mail editor to be MS WORD but at the bottom, the signature tab and all of its headings get greyed out.

When I right click on that attachment to be SAVE AS, under the SAVE AS TYPE box there are no listings beside ( ALL FILES )

Did a repair that did not worked, have not done a uninstall and reinstall of the application. Also enabled the IE HTML settings under programs to be set to MS WORD.

Thank you

Aamir Jadoon

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by BFilmFan In reply to Outlook 2000 attachment c ...

Does Word itself open these .DOC files normally?

Collapse -

by Lord Foul In reply to Outlook 2000 attachment c ...

The person sending you the email is sending it in Rich text format. Tell them to send it as a plain text or html format and your problem will be solved.
To test it, get some one to send you an email with a word attachment in all 3 formats (3 seperate emails) and you will see for yourself when you open the attachments.

Good luck Aamir :)

Back to Software Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)