General discussion
February 2, 2006 at 09:30 PM
aamir711

Outlook 2000 attachment comes as Wrodpad

by aamir711 . Updated 20 years, 7 months ago

Installed office 2000 pro on a laptop, updated office 2000 to SR-1 and then downloaded Office SP3 and ran the SP3.Exe. Application working fine, In Outlook when ever I recieve a word attachment, its ext shows as.doc but the icon of that attachments is like .RTF document.

I have enabled MSWORD check sign under mail editor to be MS WORD but at the bottom, the signature tab and all of its headings get greyed out.

When I right click on that attachment to be SAVE AS, under the SAVE AS TYPE box there are no listings beside ( ALL FILES )

Did a repair that did not worked, have not done a uninstall and reinstall of the application. Also enabled the IE HTML settings under programs to be set to MS WORD.

Thank you

Aamir Jadoon

This discussion is locked

All Comments