General discussion

Outlook 2000 Calendar sharing

By leonnorris ·
I have a problem with Outlook 2000 Calendars and I don't know what tiggers it or how to stop it. We have four staff in our office and we share calendars. Occassionally the appointments in one members calendar decide to repeat themselves consequentlyending up with hundreds of duplicated appointments.
What causes this and whats the fix?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Are PDAs involved?

by dlandrum In reply to Outlook 2000 Calendar sha ...

Are any of these users using PDAs to sync their calendars? If so, I have witnessed some bizarre and unpredictable behavior within the PDA O/S and within OUtlook 2K when the PDAs are "on" when either connecting to or disconnecting from the hotsync cradle. I've made it a procedure in the usrers guides that PDAs must be OFF during the connect or disconnect step. This has eliminated all my duplication problems. We also had an issue where all of the dates for PAST appointments were removed, thusfiling EVERY old appointment under today's date, scheduled, coincidentally, for the same time that the hotsync was performed. That scheduling time is how I was able to associate the problem with the hotsync and further investigate to determine thatthe PDA users that first encountered the problem were leaving their devices turned on when connecting.

Back to IT Employment Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)