General discussion

Outlook 2000 Contact problem

By simonfuzz ·
I have a number of sub folders in my contacts list in Outlook 2000. One is cliants, the other is Staff. IS there anyway in outlook 2000 to specify that Outlook looks to the staff list first when looking for an E-mail address when name checking in an E-mail? I know in Outlook 97 you could. But I can not find it in Outlook 2000

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

9 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by yorkster In reply to Outlook 2000 Contact prob ...

go to tools, services, then the exchange service,then addressing tab and set the order of lookup
hope this helps

Collapse -

by simonfuzz In reply to Outlook 2000 Contact prob ...

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

by yorkster In reply to Outlook 2000 Contact prob ...

no outlook does not support DL's

Collapse -

Collapse -

by steve.hutson In reply to Outlook 2000 Contact prob ...

Hi,

Answer number 1 is close. I recommend you create two Contacts folders--one for Clients and one for Staff. That way, when you go into Tools|Services|Exchange Client, you can specify Staff in the Look Here First dialog. You can also set the lookup order in the Check dialog at the bottom of the window.

Hope this helps,

Steve

Collapse -

Collapse -

by icrovop In reply to Outlook 2000 Contact prob ...

Yes you can. First make sure your Folder view is open so you can see both your staff and clients subfolder. Right-click on staff then select properties. Goto the Outlook address tab and click on show this folder as an email address book. Do the same for clients. Now go tools, services and select the addressing tab click on the add button. Select your Staff address book. then add your clients address book. Move the names around using the arrows to put them in the proper order for lookup.Under show this address list first select the address book that you want to come up with first. Select OK. Log out of Outlook, (this is a good idea when ever you make a change to the services) and you should be set. Note: some changes to Outlook 2000 will not become active unless you logout of your PC and log back in.

Collapse -

Collapse -

This question was auto closed due to inactivity

Back to Software Forum
9 total posts (Page 1 of 1)