General discussion

Outlook 2000 CW user profile problem

By shanna ·
Hello,

I have a user who has a strange problem apparently residing WITHIN his email profile. We're running Windows N 4.0 with SP6a, Exchange Server 5.5, and the client has Outlook 2000.

Whenever the user sends a meeting request to anyone, the subject line already has text (ie: vac)residing in the input field, and the date is defualting to August of 2001.

I have set up his profile on other PCs here in the office, but with the same result from each workstation, so I am ruling out something housed locally on his computer. I have looked at all his mailbox properties on the server AND client sides, but his profile setup matches all the others we're using here and they're not having any kind of issue like this.

Has anyone ever seen anything like this before, and if so, any idea on how I can correct the situation? Any input would be appreciated, as bothe the user and I are becoming quite frustrated not being able to pin down the cause.

Thanks in advance.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by sgt_shultz In reply to Outlook 2000 CW user prof ...

well, you have probably thought of this but it sure sounds like his Meeting form got edited or he is using a custom form somehow...
did you look in Forms/design Forms and have a look at the meeting form?
can you copy a 'good' meeting form from another computer? my forms appear to be located in c:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Templates\1033
hope this helps...
alternatively you could try removing and reinstalling the forms using add/remove programs Office/Add/Remove

Collapse -

by shanna In reply to Outlook 2000 CW user prof ...

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

The custom form (that the users SWEARS he didn't create!) was indeed the problem. As soon as I deleted the offending form Outlook reverted back to generating a brand new, completely blank Meeting Request form.

Many thanks for your input Sgt. Schultz... I appreciate it, and award you the points.

Take care ...

Collapse -

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)