General discussion

Outlook 2000 journal

By jmar ·
Does anyone know how to make Outlook 2000 open the contacts folder directly to a contact folder in the public folders rather than the one in the user's mailbox? Here's the precise situation:
User creates a new journal entry. He goes to the bottomand clicks on the contacts button. What pops up is his contacts folder. What we want to pop up by default is a contacts folder in the public folders. Is this possible? Thanks for any help.

Jeff

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Outlook 2000 journal

by jmar In reply to Outlook 2000 journal

Point value changed by question poster.

Collapse -

Outlook 2000 journal

by DKlippert In reply to Outlook 2000 journal

I'm not sure I understand your question, but you can drag any folder onto the Outlook bar to make it a shortcut icon. (Go to View>Folder list to see all the folders)

Collapse -

Outlook 2000 journal

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

Outlook 2000 journal

If you follow what I stated then it should make sense. This is when the user has created a new journal entry. If you look at the lower left side of the journal entry form then you'll see a button for contacts. When you click that contacts button,it opens up into the mailbox's contacts folder. What we want is to have a contacts folder in the public folders pop up by default.

Collapse -

Outlook 2000 journal

by Ann777 In reply to Outlook 2000 journal

(Hopefully it's the same in Outlook 2000)

From within Outlook XP, you would right-click and drag the public folder to the Outlook Toolbar (View --> Outlook Bar)called My Shortcuts and the shortcut would be there to click on any time it was needed. Your User needs to be able to create and add contacts from within the Serverspace or Public Folder.

Collapse -

Outlook 2000 journal

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

Outlook 2000 journal

This question was auto closed due to inactivity

Back to Software Forum
7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)