General discussion

Outlook 2000 Loads New and Old Emails

By dabailie ·
I have outlook 2000 and a recent problem has developed. My email is routed through an email server run by one of my business partners. The server is an OS X server. He has done everything that has solved previous problems (i.e. rejected passwords by re-creating accounts, etc). But this time I have encountered a new problem. I have my account set to download the emails from the server and then promptly delete them from the server. Now, whenever my computer checks my mail...it downloads all previously downloaded emails again. My account on the server has been rebuilt and the entire server itself has also been rebuilt. This problem only exists on my computer at work as this problem does not exist on my home computer using the same account settings. Is there a problem w/ my computer or email client? How do I fix this?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by ReWrite In reply to Outlook 2000 Loads New an ...

Do the 2 pc's you're using have the same OS and email application? Does your work pc have the option set to leave mail on the server? Post back with your pc specs (os and application).

Cheers.

RW

Collapse -

by dabailie In reply to Outlook 2000 Loads New an ...

The PC at home is running XP and office is on 2000. Both
machines are operating Microsoft Outlook 2000 and both
accounts are set to remove emails on the server when they are
downloaded.

Back to Software Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)