General discussion

Outlook 2000 Multiple Profiles

By jean-denis.houle ·
I have 2 Outlook 2000 profiles already configured that I can access without any problems. Both profiles have a combination of Exchange Server and Internet E-mail services. When I start Outlook I am prompted to select which profile I want to use. QUESTION: How can I have 2 sessions of Outlook running simultaneously each with a different profile. When I open the second session it does not prompt to select the profile but simply opens the same profile as selected in the first session.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

8 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by DoubleDown In reply to Outlook 2000 Multiple Pro ...

the short answer is: you can't, to my knowledge.
I've tried running outlook with the profile switch and it still opens the same profile that is already running.

(i.e. put [/profile "profilename"] after the command line, without the brackets)

the long answer is you may be able to get around the problem, depending on what you're trying to do (you didn't say) and if you have/can use two mailboxes to accomplish the same things.

Collapse -

by jean-denis.houle In reply to Outlook 2000 Multiple Pro ...

I finally found the reason why. You can only have one active at a time since the MAPI spooler (MAPISP32) can
only be run once and it's the process that uses the profile.

Collapse -

by dmiles In reply to Outlook 2000 Multiple Pro ...

Researching the rules wizard it did not give any info that you can access both profiles to run simultaneously with a different profile,so I will conclude that you will not be to run both sessions at the same time.

Collapse -

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

by jwpluto In reply to Outlook 2000 Multiple Pro ...

From what I find in reference resources, Goon is correct. Multiple profiles are avaialble, but only one can be used at a time. You could try MS's email support services and ask them. It's an OK support resource if you're not in a hurry.

Collapse -

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

This question was closed by the author

Collapse -

by SyscoKid In reply to Outlook 2000 Multiple Pro ...

I'm using OL2K in Corporate or Workgroup Mode and Exchange Server.

I click on Tools -> Services, then click on Microsoft Exchange Server, then Properties, then the Advanced tab.

From here I can specify additional mailboxes to be opened with the current profile.

So when I start Outlook, I open two mailboxes.

Back to Software Forum
8 total posts (Page 1 of 1)