General discussion

Outlook 2000 Rules Wizard

By agnj422 ·
When setting up a rule to look for specific words in the subject or body and you add more than one, it states for example, "black" or "white". Is there a way to have it "black" and "white"? I tried semicolons, commas, but it double quotes it as ""black";"white"" or "black,white".

Any info would be greatly appreciated!!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by DKlippert In reply to Outlook 2000 Rules Wizard

This from:

(Type the Q number in the search box at support.microsoft.com)

Cannot Create a Conditional Rule with the Rules Wizard

Q168727)

1) Create a rule that looks for the text, Apples and moves it to the Apples/Oranges folder.

a)On the Tools menu, click Rules Wizard.

b)Click New to start creating the rule.

c)In "Which type of rule do you want to create", select "Move messages based on content."

d)Click "When I receive a message in my Inbox" as when to apply the rule.

e)In the Rule Description, click "specific words", type Apples as the text to search for, then click OK.

f)In the Rule Description, click "specified", click the Apples/Oranges folder, click OK, then click Next.
g)Select the condition you prefer, such as "with specific words in the subject or body," then click Next.

h)Select what you want to do to the message, such as "Move it to the specified folder," then click Next.

i)Click to select any exceptions to the rule, then click Next.

j)Type Apples as the name for this rule, click "Turn on this rule", and then click Finish.

2) Copy and modify the first rule.

a)In the opening dialog box of the Rules Wizard, select the rule created in step 1.

b)Click Copy, then click Rename. Type Oranges, in New Name, then click OK.

c)In the Rule description, click Apples, then change it to Oranges in Search Text and click OK.

d)In "Apply rules in the following order", click to check the Oranges rule, then click OK.

Collapse -

by agnj422 In reply to Outlook 2000 Rules Wizard

I think this will do it! The step by step needs a little tweaking, but otherwise works! Thanks for your help!

Collapse -

by agnj422 In reply to Outlook 2000 Rules Wizard

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)